09-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Why is it that many squads that dropped stunts end up in the top 4?
Could be the degree of difficulty. Also, some of the squads that were flawless didn't earn as many points because their stunts weren't as high in difficulty. I struggled with this when my daughter was in competitive cheer @ Poquoson, but quickly learned that it is a double edge sword.
1. If your routine isn't as difficult you will typically score lower than someone with a team that has a higher degree of difficulty and has few mistakes.
2. Higher degree of difficulty gets you more points but is riskier and more prone to mistakes resulting in lower scores
To save your sanity do what I did:
1. Get a clear understanding of all the rules
2. Know and understand what the degree of difficulty is for all of the teams
3. Watch for illegal stunts, stepping off the mat, safetys, etc.
Finally, Understand that there are alot of things to be taken into consideration, and see if your coach will share the scoring results after a competitions. The judges usually offer a good explanations of why they scored your team the way they did.
It's alot more complicated than I ever imagined, but there are usually good explanations for the scoring. Note that I said usually!!!
vBulletin® v3.6.10, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.