You are viewing this site as a guest. Please log in below or register to be able to post your comments and photos!
HRvarsity.com

Advanced Search for Guests
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Home > Forums > OTHER SPORTS > Softball > 2011 Predictions

Old 02-22-2011, 10:29 AM

2011 Predictions

Looks like we got a new BRD softball forum here.

With try-outs starting today it seems like a good time to start discussing the season.

Who do you think are the teams to beat this year?

I know that Poquoson, Grafton, New Kent & York will be good but who else will compete for the title this year?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Re: 2011 Predictions

Tabb is young but they are going to be the spoilers this year. They will be starting a freshman pitcher that shows a great deal of promise. I would not at all be surprised if they ended near the top this year.

I'd say Grafton, Poquoson, York and New Kent should be your top four and the order will depend on mistakes.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 PM

Lookout for Jamestown!! York barely beat them yesterday ... 1-0. Winfree threw a great game and kept York from getting beat after they left a (double digit) number of baserunners standing.

York's freshman came through in the top of the 8th with a single and stolen base from Rogerson (freshman) and a game winning single up the middle from Hautz (freshman). In the bottom of the 8th York's right fielder, Batchelor (freshman), made a leaping grab for the 3rd out to end the game.

If Jamestown can figure out how to put some runs on the board they can upset any of the top 4 pre-season picks.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 AM

Like I was saying about Jamestown previously..... look out! They beat Poquoson and Tyler last night 1-0.
York didn't put any hits together last night and New Kent did!! If York doesn't hit the ball well Friday against Grafton they'll be 2-2.
Trying to sacrifice bunt a runner to 2nd base in the top of 7th with 0 outs when your down by 3 runs wasn't a great call by coach Hunter.