You are viewing this site as a guest. Please log in below or register to be able to post your comments and photos!
HRvarsity.com

Advanced Search for Guests
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Home > Forums > BOYS BASKETBALL > Peninsula District Boys Basketball > Is the pressure of being a top recruit getting to Troy

Old 04-27-2012, 01:49 PM

Is the pressure of being a top recruit getting to Troy

8.5 pts per game average in AAU where he is supposed to flourish?

Is the pressure of being a top recruit getting to Troy Williams?

Can he step up and shut up the doubters?

We'll see this weekend.

That ranking looks like nepotism right now. Can he turn it around?

Your thoughts?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:16 AM

Re: Is the pressure of being a top recruit getting to Troy

Oak Hill for his senior year. I think a lot of people saw that coming.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:48 AM

When I suggested prep school more than a year ago on this post, people said I was crazy. Just about every other top player in the country plays at some type of prep program and they go against the best players all of the time. I mentioned that the step up in competition and coaching would help his development. People on this post said he was developed enough because of his ranking and would be fine. Check out the new ESPN rankings. He is ranked in the 40's, now. He didn't get any better and his classmates passed him due to a lack of development. Rodney Bullock needs to make the move also. Some of the scouts at the EYBL games at the Boo Center were fascinated with his dunks, but found it hard to evaluate the other parts of his game because nothing else in his game stands out. Troy needs to go and develop. He will be fine, but he really needs to go and work hard on his game. I think he took the time off because of his ranking and didn't work to improve. The politics can only take you so far. You have to perform at some point. I wish Troy Williams the best in all of his pursuits and I really hope he learns how to work at this craft. It is worth too much money to him and his family for him to chill.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:39 AM

Since Troy dropped from 6 to 42 he's been balling on the AAU scene and now on the Nike Global Challenge scene playing for Team USA East. Leading his team averaging 22 ppg with a good shooting percentage. I expect him to be back in the top 20 by end of the summer
  • Phoebus went to the Eastern Region Finals 12 straight years (2001-12) and won 8.
Team ME

7 TIME VHSL DIVISION 5 STATE CHAMPIONS

2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Old 07-17-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus_Dynasty View Post
Since Troy dropped from 6 to 42 he's been balling on the AAU scene and now on the Nike Global Challenge scene playing for Team USA East. Leading his team averaging 22 ppg with a good shooting percentage. I expect him to be back in the top 20 by end of the summer
He needs to step up every second of every minute of every hour of the rest of the AAU season to get into the top 20. Anthony Barber has balled all summer long and I expect him to break the teens. I don't expect Troy to move up very far from where he is. He did well at the Global challenge, but remember all of the other best recruits were playing in other tournaments. Peach Jam is where he began to get hype a couple of years ago. He has come full circle back to where he started. He must tear it up at the Peach Jam. Hope he balls it out. There is a lot of money on the line for him.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:32 PM

He averaged 19 in the Nike Global Challenge and is now averaging 18 in the Peach Jam. Troy has worked on his shot release and slowing his game down. Troy looks like he belongs back in the top 15. Right now he currently has 19 points and 3 blocks in 1 half against NJ PLayaz
  • Phoebus went to the Eastern Region Finals 12 straight years (2001-12) and won 8.
Team ME

7 TIME VHSL DIVISION 5 STATE CHAMPIONS

2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus_Dynasty View Post
He averaged 19 in the Nike Global Challenge and is now averaging 18 in the Peach Jam. Troy has worked on his shot release and slowing his game down. Troy looks like he belongs back in the top 15. Right now he currently has 19 points and 3 blocks in 1 half against NJ PLayaz
He has to have a breakout year at Oak Hill. What he did at those two tournaments was not enough. He started the AAU circuit in Hampton, Oakland, and Dallas in a way that confirmed his ranking in the 40's. The Harrison Twins didn't participate in Peach Jam, nor did Jabari Parker, so he had no chance to compete against his true peers and their bracket wasn't particularly strong. He will be in the 30 to 40 range unless he tears it up at Oak Hill, unfortunately, he will already be committed by then. He needed to put up the 27 point 11 rebound and 3 block performances all the way through. He took his foot off of the pedal unfortunately for his ranking. The top 100 camp at UVA and the Lebron camp were the times where he had an opportunity to redeem himself but he wasn't spectacular at either. Barber got rave reviews at Deron Williams and Top 100 and the AAU season overall. When he finished at Hampton, he had doubled his offers and I watched him in Hampton. He was unstoppable. Every coach on the East coast was present for the performances. Barber will be ranked as tied for 2nd or the 3rd best pg when they re-rank. He should be in the McDonald's game and may make Parade. Can coach Brower produce his second McDonald's All-American? That coupled with 3 state championships would put him head and shoulders above high school basketball coaches in Virginia.

Last edited by RICE : 07-23-2012 at 03:51 PM.