You are viewing this site as a guest. Please log in below or register to be able to post your comments and photos!
HRvarsity.com

Advanced Search for Guests
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Home > Forums > BASEBALL > Peninsula District Baseball > Player Taunting

Old 04-25-2012, 05:27 PM

Re: Player Taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlover View Post
Bases loaded 1 out and the heart of the line-up for Glou. --- winning run was walked in --- don't think that was a bad call from the ump -- or that he carried what had occured with the K-fan back to the game....just saying.....all in all it was a very well played game on both sides.....
Ejection from the field was warranted, absolutely. Expressing boos for bad or questionable calls is part of the game, not things like 'break his arm next time', obvious poor choice of words, especially at a high school game.

Whether or not the fan ejection, along with some on field warnings of player's lanugage, changed the umps strike zone is strictly opinion and only the ump knows for sure...he's human. After 2 recorded outs, the 8 & 9 batters were walked by Holbrooks(61 pitches going into the 7th), then Matheson hit the lead off batter on a 2-1 pitch, followed by a BB to win the game.

Great defensive game on both sides and some incredible outfield catches by the Dukes. Win or lose, I hated to see such a disappointing end to a great baseball game. It is a shame that any attention from the game was taken off of the players and aimed at the fan(s). Thankfully, there were no other coarse words or actions at the end of the game from anybody.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 PM

Wow. Just .... wow.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: what kind of freakin' circuses do you people run up there in the PD? Players, coaches, and fans acting like they've all lost their collective minds!

As said: where are the school officials in all this? Are they not even there - which I'm pretty sure would violate VHSL rules - or do they let this crap go on unabated? They should be embarrassed, not just because of the fans of their schools, but for their complete loss of control.

Second, what did the fan do to get ejected from the grounds? Bluntly, that wasn't supposed to happen that way, unless what was said/done was pretty heinous. Usually, our jurisdiction stops at the fence, unless it was something that had to be stopped.

But, Good God, really? Some serious housecleaning needs to be done around there.

And typically for this board, the idiotic behavior from others leads it around to being the umpires fault. Wow.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieUmp View Post
It MIGHT have something to do with quotes of yours from less than a year ago:

"You'll easily recognize him, he's the one with the big red nose and the large floppy clown shoes. I also think his flower squirts water but I could be wrong."

and

"I also thought I saw him get out of one of those little For Two cars with 10 other PD umpires."

<sarcasm> Hoo BOY, that's funny stuff. </sarcasm>
Haha, so essentially I was tossed from this thread for something I posted nearly a year ago. Ok, I'll accept that and cheer from across the street.

It's interesting you equated the situation here to a "circus" in a subsequent post. That's what I pointed out with the above comments.

btw, I also was finally able to get the Rulebook as well as the Casebook (I had to get my order over $10) and no, that wasn't me at the Gloucester/KHS game (I know you were thinking that), I wasn't even there.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadad View Post
Haha, so essentially I was tossed from this thread for something I posted nearly a year ago. Ok, I'll accept that and cheer from across the street.
No one's tossed you from the thread, mate - you can post what you want! And if you were 'tossed,' you wouldn't be posting.

Quote:
It's interesting you equated the situation here to a "circus" in a subsequent post. That's what I pointed out with the above comments.
Well, I remember your quotes were from the infamous "Cavegate," with everyone lashing out at the umpires from that game, and turning it into a gripe-fest over all the umps.

My references are based on the descriptions I hear from a number of sources - not just this parent, although that's shocking that a school official didn't seem to get involved. I'm amazed at the amount of crap-talking at games there, even if there's some embellishment in the re-telling, as well as some of the other stuff that's been mentioned. Part of it seems to fall on coaches - the kids are, well, kids, so the adults should stop it; unless they're too busy doing their own posturing. And frankly, it seems like there's a lack of ejections to reinforce the concept of sportsmanship. I don't know why, unless there's this aversion to ejections because of the mandatory 1-game suspension that comes with it.

Quote:
btw, I also was finally able to get the Rulebook as well as the Casebook (I had to get my order over $10) and no, that wasn't me at the Gloucester/KHS game (I know you were thinking that), I wasn't even there.
Actually, the thought hadn't crossed my mind. Glad you were able to make an order. Now, if the books will get there before the end of the HS season.....