You are viewing this site as a guest. Please log in below or register to be able to post your comments and photos!
HRvarsity.com

Advanced Search for Guests
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Home > Forums > OTHER SPORTS > Softball > Bay Rivers District 2011 softball predictions

Old 03-24-2011, 12:08 PM

Re: Bay Rivers District 2011 softball predictions

I hope we get to play Friday as well. Although, with York coming off a tough loss Tuesday and Grafton a comfortable win, I'm not liking those dynamics. Clippers betters be ready to play. Wins are nice but just give me 18 girls that play their best and leave it all on the field.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:45 PM

I have to disagree with York Legend. Been around this district forever. Have seen some of the best ball players there has ever been. District has changed alot in the last several years. Every year there is ALOT of talent that comes to various teams from their middle school but its a big jump to varsity even if you play travel ball. Tabb is rebuilding this year..very very young team. Jamestown has struggled for years and years. District has been weaker than it was in the days if Mills, Bauer, Poates, Olsen, Anush, Tunno, Dudney, Prosper, Walkers, Falin and many many more. York hasn't played anyone this year yet. We will see you can hit when you play teams like New Kent and Poquoson. What will break a team quick is saying certain girls are stronger than others especially when its not true. So many factors come in to play but none of the girls above ever acted or carried themselves like they carried their TEAMs. Unfortunately, things come into play that can't be controlled like playing favorites. Parents push and push to make it sound like certain girls are better and its sad to have to tell them it may teach them self discipline and how to manage time but GRADES are the only way these girls will go anywhere. If anyone tells you differently they are not telling the truth. If only parents will quit trying to live what they didn't suceed at through their kids. There are girls that never get messed with and always get to play same position and are never taken out of line up so they have more confidence than the other girls. Alot of that is coaches fault. You need to know your players and how to get through to each of them so the whole team grows and not just a few girls grow. This is a team sport and only working with and recognizing the same girls is not going to make the TEAM get better. Good luck to all of the teams out there to include Peninsula District:-)
Old 03-25-2011, 07:55 PM

A question to all...Doesn't it stand to reason when you have never had to play any position except your primary like if you have always just pitched or always just played shortstop...that you should be really really good at it. I must admit it does impress me more to see girls have to jump all over because its what their team needs them to do. It really impresses me as well when they do what their told cause that is what I always did even if I didn't like it. Yes I heard people saying stuff if I made an error and No I didn't tell them I have never played here but I know how to play position just not use to playing it.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:28 AM

Be nice to hear from some of the ASA parents about who the best up and coming players are.[/quote]

Wow athlete1 your really reading into the post I made. The quote above from Marty asked to hear from the ASA parents as to who the best up and coming players were. I was simply trying to answer his question.
Referring to the players playing the same position year after year .... if you talking about the three players I mentioned, none of those are playing their normal positions.
Of course, I have no idea if these girls or any others will be as good as previous players. I was simply trying to give a few freshman from York the credit they deserved for the game at Jamestown. I totally agree with you on the grades for the girls.

Last edited by YorkLegend : 03-26-2011 at 10:41 AM.