You are viewing this site as a guest. Please log in below or register to be able to post your comments and photos!
HRvarsity.com

Advanced Search for Guests
Forums Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Home > Forums > OTHER SPORTS > Softball > Jamestown Sweeps Poquoson

Old 04-30-2011, 04:18 PM

Jamestown Sweeps Poquoson

Grafton beats Poquoson in 9 innings and it's all over the Daily Press. Jamestown sweeps Poquoson 1-0 and Fridays 2-1 win in 10 innings and they get a little two line blurb. Poquoson has four losses, two at the hands of the Eagles. Once again, a Williamsburg team gets no respect from the Daily Press. A little equal coverage is needed for team having their best season in the schools history.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Re: Jamestown Sweeps Poquoson

In the grand scheme of all of the spring sports covered by the DP, Jamestown's win over Poquoson & their season sweep are but a small blip on the radar. Yes, Jamestown seems to be having their best season in school history & yes the fact that they swept Poquoson for the season (a very rare feat for any team) is an accomplishment, but it's not a major event in all of the games played that day. The DP sports dept. is doing the best it can. There is always the possibiilty of a small sidebar or blog in the future.Remember the season isn't over, there's still a lot of softball to be played, including the District tournament. See how everything plays out.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Thumbs up Re: Jamestown Sweeps Poquoson

The write up about Grafton and Poquson was more about the tie breaker rule the Bay Rivers are using this year and not the game. Jamestown you are having a fine season and the other schools in the district have surely taken notice.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:55 AM

I can't agree with you more "BRD Sports"! It's hard to understand why Grafton & Poquoson softball have had so many detailed articles written about them and so few have been written about the current #1 and #2 in the district.
I can understand articles written about Poquoson much more than I can about Grafton. Poquoson is known for it's softball legacy. As far as it being "a small blip on the radar" ??? I think it was pretty significant blip and as far as the current BRD standings it could very well playout to be significant. Every team should worried about Jamestown as they head into the BRD tournament.
If DP doesn't have enough people to cover high school sports then they need to get them. Simple as that ..... It's a matter of priorities and obviously they have them set the way they want them. I love football but save the football articles for football season and spend more time covering the current season sports.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDsports View Post
Grafton beats Poquoson in 9 innings and it's all over the Daily Press. Jamestown sweeps Poquoson 1-0 and Fridays 2-1 win in 10 innings and they get a little two line blurb. Poquoson has four losses, two at the hands of the Eagles. Once again, a Williamsburg team gets no respect from the Daily Press. A little equal coverage is needed for team having their best season in the schools history.

Tell me about it. Warhill beats Poquoson in baseball in 11 innings with a 3 run homerun in the top of the 11th inning and there is NO press on that one either! Its always about York County......not Williamsburg!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Administrator

To date I have written two "detailed" stories for print this spring on Jamestown softball, one that made the front page very recently. ...that number of features is plenty fair for a team that is 9-6, but well-coached and having its best season

(in addition we've every linescore in print that has been called in....the Warhill baseball game, which has nothing to do with this, ran late into the night because of a rain delay and 11 innings and was apparently not called in)

With New Kent coming down for a big game today the Eagles have another shot at showcasing their improvement for our readers. Good luck to them.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:10 PM